Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Review-NKJV Adventure Bible

NKJV Adventure Bible
Publisher:  Zonderkidz
Age:  8-12

The NKJV Adventure Bible is the number one Bible for kids.  It will take your child on a fun and exciting journey through God’s word.

A few of the features of this Bible are:
·          Beautifully illustrated hard-cover
·         Life in Bible Times – articles and illustrations of life in ancient times
·         Words to Treasure – Scripture to memorize
·         Did you Know? – facts to help your child understand God’s word
·         People in Bible Times – close-up look at some of the amazing people in the Bible
·         Live It – Activities to help your child apply the Bible to their life.

In addition to those, it has a large concordance, subject index, money, weight and measurement chart, map index and gorgeously illustrated maps.  Also near the back of the Bible are instructions on how to care for your Bible and instructions in the front on how to use this Bible.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of red-letter words spoken by Jesus.  I remember as a child turning the pages of my Bible and the excitement of easily finding and reading the words that Jesus spoke in red letters, which meant to me, it had to be important!  All in all I was very impressed with this Bible.  The true test came when my granddaughter picked it up and asked if once I was finished with my review if she could read it.  My immediate answer---CERTAINLY—but you don’t have to wait for my review, you can read it now.  Since I gave it her, she has called me with questions about things in the Bible and I couldn’t be happier, however I still encourage her to compare it with the JKV Bible.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Bible by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: