Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review-The Thief Taker by C. S. Quinn

The Thief Taker
By: C.S. Quinn
Publisher:  Thomas & Mercer, Seattle

Setting:  1665 London, England
The Plague is running rampant in England, but along with it is also a murderer…taking the lives of young women in witch-craft style.  Charlie Oakley, a thief taker, is framed for the murders.  Being on the run for his life he begins his journey into the dark world of witch craft and political corruptness of the new King and his cabinet. 

This historical thriller revolves around the Plague in the summer of 1665.  It is filled with intrigue, mystery, murder, witchcraft and even a little romance.   The twists, turns and subplots will keep you turning the pages.  From what I have read of the Plague and political corruptness of this era it seems to run pretty true to form.  It was an interesting read and I am wondering if there is a sequel in the offing, since for me it seemed to end unfinished.   It left me wanting to know what happened to the trunk and its owner???  I would recommend this book.

Disclosure:  I was given a copy of the book by the author, C. S. Quinn, to review.  I was not required to give a favorable review, only my honest opinion.  The opinions of this review are my own.  

No comments: