Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review-Love Letters from God by Glenys Nellist

Children's Book Ages 4-8

Love Letters from God Bible Stories
Ages 4-8
By:  Glenys Nellist
Illustrated by:  Sophie Allsopp
Publisher:  ZonderKidz


“I had so much fun making the world!  But do you know the very best thing I made?  It was you!”

Every child loves getting mail, so can you imagine their excitement when they open this book and turn the pages to see actual letters from God written to them?  It is a beautifully written and gorgeously illustrated interactive-lift-the-flap envelope-style book.  It is written for children ages 4-8.  There are a total of 18 Bible Stories with nine from the Old Testament and nine from the New Testament.  Each story culminates with a Bible verse and a letter from God.  At the end of the book there is a blank space for your child to write their own letter to God. 

What a FABULOUS book!  I found this to be such a fascinating way to introduce your child to the Bible and listening to how God may speak encouragement and inspiration to your little ones through His word.  This book begins by making your child feel so special. 

This book would make an excellent gift to a child for birthdays or holidays, but can you imagine the inspiration and encouragement it would give to a child who is ill?    This will be a book that will be read over and over again.  I would highly recommend this book for any child ages 4-8.  I completely adored this book!

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

1 comment:

Glenys Nellist said...

Thank you so much Sally, for the wonderful review! God is good!