Sunday, September 7, 2014

Book Review- The Competition by Marcia Clark

The Competition
By:  Marcia Clark
Publisher:  Muholland Books

Los Angeles District Attorney, Rachel Knight investigates a horrifying school massacre with Columbine-style shootings, shaking the community to its core.  It is believed that two of the dead students were the killers and they had committed mutual suicide.  However, as the investigation continues, Rachel, along with her best friend, Baily, LAPD Detective, begins to realize things are just not adding up.  Was it possible the suicides were staged? 

This book is filled with nail-biting high-drama suspense.  Tension and fear oozed from every interview of the survivors and the grief of the victim’s parents was almost unbearable. 
In my opinion this book is not for the faint of heart.  Although I love Marcia Clark’s books and this one is superbly written, in the wake of all the school shootings, I am not sure I would have finished it, had I not promised to review it.  I suppose you could say…I am faint of heart.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Muholland Books, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: