Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review-Global Predator by Jack MacLean

Global Predator
Jack Maclean
Legend Publishing
Publish Date:  June 1 9, 2014

Setting:  Northwest Pakistan.

US CIA drones are searching for Al-Awahairi, Al Qaeda leader, the master-mind of 911 in northwest Pakistan.

Sally, a British aid worker helps set up schools for girls, which is forbidden by the Taliban.  When one of the schools for girls is taken over by the Taliban, Sally suddenly finds herself a hostage.  Her ex-boyfriend, Wilkins, is on the run after scamming the bank he worked for in London.  Wilkins finds himself in the midst of having to choose between running away or taking up arms to rescue Sally. 

With all the unrest in the Middle East, I found myself drawn to this book.  As I turned the pages I wondered how much of this could actually be true?  It had enough truth sound to it to keep me turning the pages.  I found myself holding my breath wondering what I would find on the next page and how the story would truly unfold.  At times I did find it hard to follow as it jumped from character to charcter.

I was pleasantly surprised because I thought it would be 100% political but it had a great plot with enough mystery and intrigue to keep it fast-paced.  

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Legend Publishing, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.



No comments: