Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review-The City by Dean Koontz

The City
Dean Koontz
Publisher:  Random House Publishing Group (Dell Bantam)
Jonah Kirk was the son of a wonderful singer and the grandson of a formidable piano player, called the “piano man”.  Jonah is a musical prodigy and comes in contact with some unsavory characters, including his biological father.  He is mentored by some supernatural beings along with a host of eclectic friends.

I have read many of Mr. Koontz books, but this one left me struggling to finish it.  The first three-quarters of the book felt like a documentary of musical legends.  Only because I have enjoyed his previous books did I finish reading this one.  The last quarter of the book was the Dean Koontz I have read in the past. 
I would recommend this if you enjoy musical history with a little supernatural and intrigue mixed into it.


Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Random House Publishing Group-Dell Bantam, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: