Sunday, May 11, 2014

Book Review-Silenced by Dani Pettrey

Silenced
By:  Dani Pettrey
Publisher:  Bethany House

“Silenced”, 4th in the Alaskan Courage Series, does not disappoint.  It begins with Kayden MCKenna having a relaxing day of rock climbing which becomes anything but relaxing especially when she comes face to face with a dead body. Is this an accident or murder?  The case is handed over to Sheriff Landon Granger of Yancy, who is overburdened, so he turns to Jake Westin for help.  In the previous book, “Stranded” Jake’s past was revealed and now that is no longer an issue, he is ready and qualified to use his talent for investigating again.  Jake and Kayden’s investigation causes a lot of hostility in close-knit Yancy.   Jake realizes Kayden is the woman he has secretly loved for years and will do everything he can to protect her from the threats she is receiving while trying to bring the murderer to justice. 

Although the characters in these four books are intertwined you do not need to read them in the sequence to understand what is happening.  There is enough background given to bring you up to date in the current book.  Once you read one book I can promise you that you will want to go back and read the rest of the series.  This book is filled with edge-of-the-seat twists and turns.  I was captivated from page one, but in all fairness I love Dani Pettrey’s books so I may be a little biased.   I always find her work refreshing and I love her spin on Christian Fiction.   When the McKenna’s are around there is always another adventure, just waiting to unravel.  If you love Christian Fiction, adventure, romance and suspense this is a book you won’t want to miss and I can’t wait for the next in the series.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: