Saturday, May 3, 2014

Book Review - Caught In The Middle by Regina Jennings

Caught In The Middle 
By:  Regina Jennings
Publisher:  Bethany House

Anne Tillerton isn’t your typical genteel young lady of 1882.  Instead she is a buffalo hunter.  She is a widow because she shot her abusive husband, so she prefers her gun and her own company to other people.  The cook at the buffalo camp quit so she boards a train to Garber, Texas to track her down.  The train is nearly robbed but she saves Nick Lovelace who works clearing land for the railroad.   Her only goal is to get to Garber and bring the cook back but nothing goes according to plan.  The cook runs off again leaving toddler, Sammy in Anne’s care.  Just how hard can changing a diaper and fixing a bottle be?  She’d rather skin a bull than tend a baby.  She is way out of her comfort zone.

I loved that the characters were imperfect because it really made their story line believable. I also liked that Nick befriended Anne and looked beyond her imperfections and saw a beautiful woman who had been abused and neglected.  Although Anne was sure she was not momma material she lost her heart to Sammy and went to great lengths to insure he was loved, cared for and safe.  Being a fan of Christian historical romance this was a great book.  I did feel that the relationship between Nick and Anne could have been a little more aggressive, but all in all I enjoyed reading it and would recommend it.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: