Sunday, May 11, 2014

Book Review-By Any Means by Chris Culver

By Any Means
By:  Chris Culver
Publisher:  
 Ash Rashid, an Indiana Police officer, now spends his days giving speeches at the local elementary schools instead of walking the beat, because of police procedure due to a problem he has had in the past with alcoholism.   He feels his career is all but over until one day on his way home from work he comes upon a car accident, and makes a gruesome discovery.  The couple didn’t die from the accident… they were shot execution-style.  He suddenly finds himself back in the midst of working homicide that is filled with twists and turns that sometimes caused him to seek help from some unsavory characters.

Although I felt at times the dialogue waned bit, I found it to be a pretty fast-paced book filled with lots suspense and intrigue.  I also found it interesting that a Muslim was a recovering alcoholic.  He struggled daily to find a balance in his family life, spiritual life, work and his desire to hit the bottle again.   I also found it interesting to read about Ramadan and the Muslim culture and see how well it was incorporated into the story line.  If you enjoy police procedural mysteries….this is a must read. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Grand Central Publishing, through Net Galley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: