Saturday, April 26, 2014

Book Review-Undetected by Dee Henderson

Undetected
By: Dee Henderson
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date:  April 29, 2014
 
Gina Gray is a genius and is on the verge of a major breakthrough on sonar technology.  She battles with herself because she knows this breakthrough could cause the loss of a lot of lives and it could also save lives.  Her love for science and her faith in God often clash, but Commander Mark Bishop of the ballistic missile submarine USS Nevada Gold shows her faith and science can co-exist.  Mark is one of twenty eight who is commissioned by the president to launch a nuclear weapon.  He is certain God placed Gina in their path at the perfect time because of the tensions in the Pacific.  He helps to teach Gina that God and science can work together because God doesn’t create evil.  He did create free will which is often used for evil.  He shows her that science helps to explore what God did create.  As tensions escalate in the Pacific Rim, Mark is comforted knowing that Gina helped find a way to keep the submarines a lot safer than they would have been. 
MS Henderson again weaves another book of Christian intrigue and romance.  She very effectively shows that God and science can co-exist and that God provides a way for science to save lives while others use it for evil.  The characters are well developed and so real you feel like you are part of them.  I was hooked from page one and found myself willing Gina to find her way.  I felt the tension in the submarines while they were on their 90 day deployments and especially when faced with the hidden dangers from the ocean itself and from submarines from hostile countries.  Although there is a lot about submarines and sonar technology it was not boring.  This information makes the storyline believable.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves Christian Fiction.  I am a big fan of MS. Henderson and have probably read every book she has published. With each book I read, I keep telling myself this is the best and this one is no exception….this one is the best so far.  I can’t wait for the next one!
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: