Saturday, April 26, 2014

Book Review - The Garden Gate by Christa Kinde

 
The Garden Gate
by:  Christa Kinde
Publisher:  Zondervan
 
 
“The Garden Gate” fourth in the Threshold Series begins with a good vs evil battle between two angels in the aftermath of a severe storm in West Edinton, the small- town home of teen-ager Prissie Pomeroy.  Prissie discovers she can see the angels that live among us including her own guardian angel.  With her discovery she also can see an invisible world that she is unable to describe.  Part of it is beautiful while the other part harbors horrible things.  Prissie learns there is a war being waged and she will play a major role in it.  Throughout her journey her faith grows to be strong.
To be honest I am not a fan of the supernatural, so I had much difficulty in keeping with this, however I did read the entire book. Maybe I would feel differently had I read the previous books in the series.   I felt the author did an excellent job in portraying good and evil and how when we are misled, God always provides a way back to the right path, if our hearts are receptive to his will.  I felt at times the envelope was pushed a little such as in angels having cell phones in order to fit in.  It would have made more sense to me to have them not try to be like others but to be what God wants you to be.  I am not sure I would want my “tween” reading this without supervision to insure they don’t miss the point. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, Zondervan, through BookLook Blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: