Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Book Review - Critical Condition by Dr. Richard L.Mabry

 
Critical Conditon
by: Richard L. Mabry, M.D.
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Publish Date:  April 15, 2014
 
Dr. Shannon Frazier was having a quiet dinner party for one of her colleagues.  What was supposed to be a quiet evening turned out to be anything but.  A man was shot in her front yard and caused her to relive memories from several years earlier, when her then fiancé was shot in front of her and she could do nothing to help save him.  After this shooting she got a late night call from her often in trouble sister, Megan who needs a place to stay because she left her abusive boyfriend.  Shannon worries that her sister is on drugs again and reluctantly tells her she can come there until she straightens things out.  She thoughts things couldn’t get worse but feels guilt from not being able to commit to her almost fiancé Dr. Mark Gilbert who is her constant support and is caught in the middle of this mess because her sister somehow managed to get him involved in the shooting of her boyfriend.   As her life begins to unravel and her fears begins to mount from late night calls from an unknown caller threatening her and her family she turns to her minister father for help only to learn he has leukemia.
This book is fairly fast paced and held my attention from the first page.  I found myself holding my breath when Shannon faced a killer and crying when she found out her father was diagnosed with leukemia.  I fell in love with her almost fiancé, Dr. Mark Gilbert because although Shannon couldn’t make a commitment to him he supported and stood by her.   I felt her confusion as she struggled with her spiritual life.  This in my opinion is a great book. If you are a fan of mystery, murder, intrigue, romance, struggle with spiritual issues and commitment, this is a book you won’t want to miss reading.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: