Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Review - Nature Girl by Karen Whiting & Rebecca White

Pre-release Review
A Great Book for the "Tween" Age Girl
Nature Girl
by:  Karen Whiting & Rebecca White
Publisher:  ZonderKidz
Publish Date:  March 11, 2014
 
This book is geared to the “tween” age (9-12) girls.  It shows God’s approach to going green through crafts, activities, science experiments and so much more.  It gives tips on how to plan a spa day with friends for girls of this age, how to make recycled jewelry and even recipes to try.  Each chapter deals with a different topic in caring for the earth God has given us.  It also talks about being beautiful from the inside out and that every girl’s beauty secret is….self-confidence.
I am not sure what I expected from this book but was pleasantly surprised as I turned the pages.  I found this to be a wonderful book for those difficult years between wanting to be a teenager and “not quite there yet.”  This book is not only about protecting our earth God’s way, but also about building self confidence in your “tween” girl. There are projects from teaching about soil to making lip gloss that is perfect for the young girl.  I can’t wait to give this to my nine year old granddaughter.  She loves science so I am sure the book will appeal to that part of her, as well as her girly, girl side and it will cover the spiritual side, through the little snippets of scripture and Bible stories throughout.  In my opinion you don’t have to be a science major or a girly-girl to enjoy this book. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, ZonderKidz, for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 

No comments: