Thursday, March 6, 2014

Book Review - Goodnight, Angels by Melody Carlson

Beautifully Written and Illustrated Bedtime Children's Book
Goodnight, Angels
By:  Melody Carlson
Illustrations by:  Sophie Allsopp
Publisher:  ZonderKidz
 
Goodnight, Angels is a beautifully written book about a little boy saying his goodnight to everything that is important to him throughout his day, ending with thanking God for his blessings.  It is written in rhyme, which most children love as it makes it easy to remember.  The pages are of thick heavy-duty chipboard, making it easy for little hands to hold.  It is beautifully illustrated.     
 
As I was reading Goodnight, Angels, it brought back many memories of listening my children and my grandchildren saying their prayers.  In their own heartfelt way they thanked God for every thing that was important to them.  As a grandmother this is a book that I would readily give in a shower gift.  At first I thought it was a spin off of "Goodnight Moon", but it is really a story of its own.  I would recommend this to any parent who wants to instill in their children, from a young age the power of prayer and thankfulness.
 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this Book by the publisher, ZonderKidz,  for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 
 

No comments: