Monday, April 7, 2014

Book Review - God Is Just Not Fair by Jennifer Rothschild

EVERYONE ASKS TOUGH QUESTIONS OF GOD
(especially when we are hurting and our life is a mess)
God Is Just Not Fair
by: Jennifer Rothschild
Publisher: Zondervan
Release Date:  March 25, 2013
 
Everyone asks  tough questions of God.  God are you there?  God do you hear me pray?  God have you forgotten I’m your child?  Have you ever asked those questions?  In Jennifer Rothschild’s book “God Is Just Not Fair”.  These questions and many more will be explored and answered Biblically.
Being a fan of MS Rothschild’s Bible Study programs, I was eager to read this book.  I have to say I think this would be a great addition to the Bible Study, “Missing Pieces”.  In my opinion it goes hand and hand with that study.  As MS Rothschild explores the questions we may ask God, the answers may not be what we want, but they are Biblically based.  Human nature wants us to have answers immediately and what we want, but she shows us by the scripture that God always answers in his time and his answers are perfect. 
She also shows that when you are hurting it is ok to.  1. Cry,  2. Trust God more than your feelings and 3.  Choose loyalty over logic.  I love that it’s ok to CRY!  For me it seems to bring a cleansing to my soul.  She also teaches when we are angry we should ask questions of our anger such as does it serve me well?  Does it change my situation?  Does it enhance my relationship with God?  Who does my anger really hurt?  As you turn the pages of this book you will find the answers to those questions.
 “God Is Just Not Fair” will take you on a journey such as you have never been on before and once you finish the book, you will realize that sometimes prayer doesn’t change life….it will change your heart.  You will also learn there is nothing in life that you can face that Jesus has not already experienced when He gave His life on the cross. 
Caution:  This book may cause deep soul searching, tears, a longing for a closer walk with God and maybe even a revelation of the person you really are and definitely whom you could become with God in control. 
 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by, BookLook Bloggers & NetGalley blogger review program,  for an honest review.   I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 
 

No comments: