Sunday, March 2, 2014

Book Review - Defending the Eyewitness by Rachel Lee

Pre-release Review



 
Defending The Eyewitness
by: Rachel Lee
Publisher:  Harlequin
Publish Date: April 1, 2014 
 

Eighteen years after witnessing the murder of her mother as a child, Corey Donahue still didn’t trust men.  Suddenly after all these years she started receiving notes that made her apprehensive and afraid.  Austin Mendez had been deep undercover for six years and needed a place to regroup so Corey rented her apartment to him, although she had previously only rented to women.  He was the only person she felt she could trust with the notes she was receiving.   As the two worked together to find out who was sending these threatening notes and if this person was her mother’s killer, they both began to heal.  Will they find who killed Corey’s mother?  Will the healing become complete?  Will they find true happiness?  These questions will be answered as you turn the pages of this book.
I enjoyed the storyline of this book.  Corey stole my heart and I was hooked from the beginning of the book.  It was filled suspense and romance.  Not to give too much away, I wish there had not been so detail in the romance scenes.  Although the plot was predictable it was an enjoyable afternoon read.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Harlequin, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

 

No comments: