Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Book Reveiw - Murder Simply Brewed by Vannetta Chapman

 
Murder Simply Brewed
by: Vannetta Chapman
Publisher:  Zondervan
Publish Date:  March 25, 2014
 
Middlebury, Indiana, Amish Artisan Community is a wonderful place to visit; stroll the streets, relax and enjoy the quietness, until one morning Amish girl and employee of the Artisan Community, Hannah Troyer, finds the manager of A Simple Blend, Ethan Gray….dead.  It appears he may have had a heart attack due to vandalism, however things just aren’t adding up.    Amber Wright, Hannah’s boss, appoints Hannah as manager of A Simple blend.  She has many misgivings being at the head of the store when she feels her calling is in the quilt store where she previously worked.  Amber and Hannah form a close bond as they work to find out what happened to Ethan and what disrupted the calm life in Middlebury, even though they are from different walks of life.
I have always been intrigued by the life of the Amish and have traveled extensively through-out the Amish communities of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.    Over the years I have watched them go from being truly a separated people to being integrated into the English community.  I enjoyed MS Chapman’s storyline, although I wish she would have developed the character of Seth a little more.  I wanted Hannah to help him overcome his awkwardness.  One thing I didn’t like about the book is Charlie, the boa constrictor.  I have an aversion to snakes and I didn’t see that coming.  I almost didn’t finish the book, but am glad I persevered. 
This book was filled with a lot of twists and turns and if you enjoy reading about the Amish this is a must read book. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Zondervan, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 


1 comment:

Vannetta Chapman said...

Thanks for your review!