Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review - Runner by Patrick Lee

Terror Filled
Runner
by:  Patrick Lee
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press
Publish Date:  February 18, 2014
Sam Dryden, retired not only from special forces but also from life since his wife and daughter were killed in an accident five years before.  He lives in a small seaside community often running the boardwalk when he can’t sleep.   While out on a run late one night, he literally runs into an eleven year old girl who is being chased by armed men who want to kill her.  His training in special ops takes over and he begins the journey to protect this young girl who knows nothing more than her name…Rachel, and that she knows things these people don’t want made public.  Can Sam save her life?  Will she regain her memory?  These questions will be answered as you turn the pages of this past paced book that has paranormal/mind altering overtones. 
With terror lurking on every page, this book kept me on the edge of my seat.  It had a well written plot that culminated in a surprising ending.  Although I am not a fan of paranormal/mind alteration I am glad I read this book.  However I was disappointed by the amount of “language”.  I understand the author wanted the abductors portrayed as “bad to the bone”, but to me the “F” word could have been used a little less and the result would have been the same.   All in all I would recommend this book.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, St. Martin’s Press, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 

No comments: