Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Review - Poisoned Ground by Sandra Parshall

Suspense Filled


 
Poisoned Ground
By:  Sandra Parshall
Publisher: Poisoned Pen Press
Publish Date:  March 4, 2014
A large development company wants to build a resort for the wealthy in Mason County, Virginia.  As the company pushes to gain land in any way they can, it pits neighbor against neighbor and they begin taking sides.  Rachel Goddard, the local veterinarian becomes very vocal in the fight to keep their land from being developed, which really complicates the life of her husband, Tom Bridger who is the Sherriff.  Things really begin to escalate when a couple is gunned down in their own home.  Rachel realizes there is more going on than just land development and wonders if she can help bring out the truth before it is too late for the county to recover. 
I was hooked from the first page of this book.   It was a well written plot with twists in every direction, which kept it fast paced.  Just when I thought I had it all figured out, something else would crop up to change my mind.  It was filled with just enough suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat.  I would recommend this book if you are looking for a suspense-filled entertaining read.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Poisoned Pen Press, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: