Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Review - Minding Molly by Leslie Gould

An Amish Love Story

Minding Molly
by: Leslie Gould
Publisher:  Bethany House
Publish Date:  February 4, 2014
Molly Zook is used to being in control of everything including her own destiny, until her father suddenly dies and she is faced with trying to save her family’s land.  Her mother becomes ill and feels that Molly should marry their neighbor Mervin Mosier to combine both farms in order to save their home.  Molly entertains the idea although she knows she is not in love with Mervin and feels her friend Hannah still has feelings for him.  She has almost convinced herself to agree to marry him, when she meets Leon Fisher, a handsome rugged man from Montana, who is training horses at her friend Hannah’s father’s horse farm.     Although Molly struggles to keep things under control she finds them quickly spinning out of control.  Will she learn to let God have control and wait for His answer?  Will she realize who she truly loves?   You will find the answer to these questions as you turn the pages of this book.
Although I have loved the other books by MS. Gould, I felt this one waxed and waned a bit.  I found myself skim reading in several places.  However I am glad I stuck with it till the end, because it was a superbly written book about following God and allowing Him to control your life.  I feel it is well worth taking the time to read.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: