Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Review-The Fixer by T. E. Woods

A Suspense-Filled Mystery
The Fixer
by: T. E. Woods
Publisher:  Random House Publishing Group-Alibi
Publish Date:  February 4, 2014
 
The Fixer always fights for justice.  She is the one you want to hire when the judicial system fails and you need something fixed permanently.  She evaluates each situation before acting to make sure her results never result in a police inquiry.  The Fixer is invisible and deadly.
Lydia is a psychologist in Olympia, Washington.  A beautiful extremely troubled young woman, Savannah, comes to her for help and her stories are filled with lies and riddles.  Lydia is determined to help her even though she claims to have hurt many people in terrible ways.  As their sessions progress, Lydia feels she must involve the police, but will it be too late?
I feel this book started a little slowly, but as I continued to read I was pleasantly surprised.  The plot is not your typical run of the mill mystery.  Almost from the beginning I was sure who the murderer was, but the ending took me completely by surprise.  I would also like to know what made the author decide that Lorain, Ohio would be the birth place of one of the characters.  Being very familiar with that area, I found it to be an interesting choice.   The plot is intricately woven and filled with twists and turns that keep twisting and turning till the end.  At times I found it to be a sit-on-the-edge of your set book.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Random House Publishing Group-Alibi, through NetGalley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

2 comments:

Teri Woods said...

Thanks for this thoughtful review. It's greatly appreciated. As to your question, I was raised in Lorain. I graduated from Southview High. Do you know it? T.E.Woods

Sally said...

Teri
I am very familiar with the area...I live close by.