Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Review-The Headmistress of Rosemere by Sarah E. Ladd

Sarah Ladd Does It Again With A Historical Romance  And A Touch of Mystery
Filled With Love And Inspiration
The Headmistress of Rosemere
by: Sarah E. Ladd
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson


At age twenty-five, Patience Creighton is considered a spinster, but it has never bothered her until…now.  With her father’s death, brother leaving home and her mother just simply existing, Patience knew what her course in life was to be and that was to take care of the young girls of Rosemere.  She was content, feeling it was God’s purpose for her, until the landlord, William Sterling, showed up in her stable severely beaten.   Her brother suddenly returns to Rosemere with wife in tow and her ex-boyfriend shows up a few days later to become the headmaster of Rosemere.  Patience’s once clear life becomes uncertain and her path no longer clear.
MS Ladd does it again.  Although I read the first book of this series, “The Heiress of Winterwood” you do not need to read it in order to follow the plot of this one.  However it was nice to be reintroduced in this book to characters in the first book.  The characters in “The Heiress of Winterwood” stole my heart from page one as did those in this novel.  This book is filled with such love, compassion and inspiration that I didn’t want to put it down so read it in one day.  I could feel the turmoil in Patience as she tried to sort through what she felt God intended for her life. This is a charming easy to follow novel.  In my opinion it is well worth taking the time to read. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through Booksneeze blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


 

No comments: