Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Children's Book Reviw - Pirates Down on the Farm by Dennette Fretz

A Sweet Whimsical Book for Children ages 4 - 8

 

Pirates on the Farm 

by Danette Fretz
illustrated by:  Gene Barretta
published by:  Zondervan


What would you do if swashbuckling pirates moved in next door to you?  Joey’s mother was not thrilled with the idea.  She even tried to get the sheriff to find a law prohibiting pirates from owning property in their town, but Dad and Joey befriended the pirates.  Dad showed them how to farm and become responsible people in the community. 
This is a beautifully illustrated children’s book.  It is a sweet story about being friends no matter what the situation might be.  The moral of this story would be best summed up as “Love They Neighbor”.   It shows God’s love through kindness. 
Although this is a Christian book, I would not let that deter you from having your children read it.  It is really a story about being kind. I would highly recommend this book for any child from ages 4 -8. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Zondervan, through BookSneeze blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 

No comments: