Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review - The Last Clinic by Gary Gusick

A Fast Paced Romantic Murder Mystery


The Last Clinic
 
by:  Gary Gusick
 
Publisher:  Random House Publishing Group - Alibi
 
Publish Date:  November 18, 2013
 
Reverend Jimmy Aldridge, liked to wave signs in front of women’s clinics that performs abortions.  His holier-than-thou attitude rubbed some people the wrong way, while others thought he was doing God’s will.  Reverend Jimmy was shot in front of one of the clinics.  Darla Cavannah, a former Philadelphia police detective moved to the South with her ex-football player husband who wanted to return to his hometown after his accident.  Darla was given the job of finding the killer, along with her partner, a bungling Elvis wanna be.  People in Jackson were ready to lynch Dr. Nicoletti because they were positive he was the killer.  As Darla dug deeper into Reverend Jimmy’s life, he was not the person people thought he was and she was convinced Dr. Nicoletti was innocent and found herself falling for the doctor.  This book is a fast-paced read with a lot of twists and turns and a somewhat surprising ending.
This is my first reading by Gary Gusik and I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I can’t wait for the next book.  I choose this book due to my southern heritage, but in all honesty it was a well written romantic, murder mystery.  When you mix the South, a good murder and romance you have a book well worth reading.  At times it kept me on edge of my seat, while other times I wanted to laugh at or strangle “Elvis” for his stupidity.  I highly recommend this book.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Random House Publishing Group - Alibi, through NetGalley blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

 

1 comment:

Gary Gusick said...

Thanks for taking the time to read and review The Last Clinic. This is the first book in the Darla Cavannah mystery series, and I’m very interested in learning how readers respond to my efforts.
Again, thanks.
Gary Gusick author at https://www.facebook.com/GaryGusickAuthor