Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Book Review - Envy by Sandra Brown

A Surprising Ending
 
 
Envy
 
by: Sandra Brown
 
Grand Central Publishing
 
 
Maris Matherly-Reed, editor if Matherly Press and daughter of publishing icon Daniel Matherly receives an unsolicited manuscript titled “Envy”.  Since it was not received through the proper channels it ended up in the slush file.  Maris reads all the prologues in this file when time permits.  She was captivated by “Envy’s” prologue and must find the author although it was only submitted with the initials P.M. E.
 As the story unfolds it is about two journalist college students, Roark and Todd, who are best friends and are competitive in everything but especially their writing.  It is filled with, deceit, envy, romance and murder.  As the story unfolds Maris begins to question why she received the book and how her life is entangled in this novel since she never met the author.
The twists and turns will keep you captivated as you turn the pages and it is filled with one surprise after the other.   The ending was not exactly what I expected.  Just when I thought I had it all figured out…there was one more surprise.  It is well worth the read!
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Grand Central Publishing, through Net Galley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: