Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Book Review - Unspoken by Dee Henderson

An Intricately woven story of God's Love, suspense, intrigue and romance
 
 

Unspoken
By: Dee Henderson
Publisher:  Bethany House
Publish Date:  October 1, 2013

Charlotte Graham aka Ruth Bazoni and her sister were kidnap victims 16 years earlier in Chicago.  When the kidnappers agreed to release only one of them, Charlotte pushed her sister out the back of the van.  Four years passed before she was found only three miles from home.    Two of her abductors were killed, but one escaped.  She never told the police there was another abductor because he whispered to her he would kill her sister.  She would do anything to keep her sister and her family safe, which was to NEVER talk about it.   She made a life for herself, finding a job she truly loved.  She inherited her grandfather’s estate and had to liquidate a huge collection of rare coins.  She was put in touch with Bryce Bishop who was a coin dealer for Bishop Chicago.  Bryce was bored with life but when Charlotte came into it, it became anything but boring.  Bryce became important to her and helped her realize that the God she blamed for deserting her when she was kidnapped did indeed love and protect her.  Although he couldn’t explain to her satisfaction why it happened, he was able to demonstrate God’s love through prayer, patience and understanding.   As the story of Charlotte’s life is revealed, she faces many demons and often drops “bombshells” of information to Bryce.  His love for her and her artistic ability, that she believes is God’s gift to her, help bring about healing.

MS. Henderson does it again, subtly revealing God’s love while weaving an intricate story filled with suspense, romance and intrigue.  I was hooked from page one.  To me the sign of a good book is when I find myself holding my breath, crying and laughing…I did all three.  This is a book that I am sure I find myself reading time and again.

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House and  Net Galley blogger programs for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.


No comments: