Saturday, October 26, 2013

Book Reveiw - Payback in Panama by Noel Hynd

 by: Noel Hynd
Publisher: Zondervan
 
U.S.  Treasury agent Alexandra LaDuca finds herself at a crossroad in her career.  She is no longer sure she wants to continue her long running duel with Dosi Cartel.  Her actor fiancé, Eric Robertson is not sure he can deal with the constant threat on her life or living in a bullet proof home.  He asks her to make sure each time she goes under-cover that God is part of the plan.  Can Alex find the peace she longs for?  Can she give up not bringing the Dosi Cartel  to justice?  Is justice what she really wants for them or would death be a better solution?  If it is death can she deal with the aftermath of knowing she might have been responsible for their death?   Will she be able to put this life of intrigue behind her for a life of being a wife and mother?  Will she marry Eric?  These are all questions that will be answered as you turn the pages of this book.
I was a little disappointed when I read this book.  For me it waxed and waned.  I often found myself skim- reading until I came to fast pace in the plot.  I was both surprised and disappointed in the ending.   In my opinion the plot was deep, but at times not well tied together.  It was an interesting book and if you enjoy books that take you  from one continent to the next this book has it all.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Zondervan, through Booksneeze blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: