Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Review - Wounded by God's People by Ann Graham Lotz

Wounded by God’s People
By:  Ann Graham Lotz
Publisher:  Zondervan 
 Having much difficulty letting go of hurt by “Christian” people and letting God prevail in my life, I thought this would be a good book for me and I was not disappointed. 
 I have always been intrigued with Hagar and wondered how she dealt with rejection and hurt.  Ms. Lotz has explained in detail the story of Hagar and her unwillingness to return to the God she had served for years.  She shows Hagar had valid reasons for her feelings, but also shows those feelings were not of God and how they were robbing her of the blessings she used to have.   
In the pages of this book Ms. Lotz has shared her sometimes painful personal experiences, so that we the readers,  might understand none of us are immune to hurt, but with God, we can have healing. 
I was drawn to the chapter “A Stubborn Spirit”.  I wondered if my hurt was due to a stubborn spirit and if I was in self-exile.  Although I was not in the same type of self-exile as the example used in this chapter, upon self- examination I did find that my exile could possibly be due to my inability to let God again control my life has He had before. 
I am not disappointed with the reading of this book and it will give me many things to contemplate and pray about in the future. 
I would highly recommend this to anyone, not just those going through hurt.  I also found there is a lot of solid advice for dealing with everyday situations. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Zondervan, through Booksneeze blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: