Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book Review-Unseen by Jack Graham

Unseen
By: Jack Graham
Publisher:  Bethany House
 
 Jack Graham grew up in a traditional Baptist Church in Arkansas and learned almost nothing about spiritual forces or about the tension between good and evil, the afterlife or heaven or hell, but in this book he shows there is clear cut understanding about things that cannot be seen and uses the Scriptures to back up his statements. 
In one part of his book he talked about how pride goes before the fall.  He stated, “that it is said the shortest definition of any sin, pride included, is I will”.  He wrote a list of “I will” statements and my favorite was, “I will chart my own course”, because I often find myself charting my own course, which ultimately ends up in disaster.  As a Christian, I have been raised to understand that serving God is the only answer, but I also find it is not easy to always follow that advice.
I often found parts of the book hard to read, but I did come away with knowing God can and will provide protection for whatever we may face.
I enjoyed the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.  Although I didn’t have anyone to discuss it with, it gave me food for thought.  

One of my personal biggest disappointments was the lack of using the King James Version of the Bible for Scripture quotes. 
I would recommend this to anyone who is struggling with questions regarding Angels, Satan, Heaven and Hell.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House   blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: