Monday, July 8, 2013

Book Review-A woman's Guide to Hearing God's Voice-Leighann McCoy

A Woman’s Guide to Hearing God’s Voice
Leighann McCoy
Publisher:  Bethany House
This Book will reveal:
·         How to hear and respond to the voice of God in everything in your life
·         What to do when God’s promise don’t line up with your reality
·         How God uses your struggles to reveal more of His power and His love
Have you ever longed to hear God’s voice like the prophets of old?  Have you ever just wanted Him to answer your prayer in a way you would know it is Him speaking to you?  Several of these questions will be addressed and answered in the pages of this book.  Ms. McCoy teaches us through the scripture how to listen for God’s voice through His Word and through comments from people we come in contact with. 
Ms. McCoy shows God’s way of speaking by revisiting stories we have often read in the Bible about Abram, Jacob, Joseph, just to name a few, and then show how they relate to today’s situations.  It was a wonderful experience to go back and reread these scriptures and see them in a new way. 
The opportunity to read this book could not have come at a better time for me.  I have been going through a valley of rain in my life and often felt that God was no longer speaking to me.  Reading this book has renewed my spirit .  One of the things I learned while reading this book is, I often evaluate and measure each circumstance to see if God was going to come through for me in my way when I need to step back and let God deliver what He has promised in His time. 
I would highly recommend this book especially if you are going through trials in your life or just need a reminder that God is still in control.  I did have one disappointment; I wish it had been written using the KJV Bible. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House Publishing   blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: