Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Book Review - To Sin with a Viking by Michelle Willingham


To Sin With A Viking
By Michelle Willingham
Publisher: Harlequin
Publish Date: July 23, 2013

 Styr Hardrata sailed to Ireland, with his wife to find a new home, but never expected himself to be held captive by a waif of a woman, Caragh O Brannon.   Her clan was suffering starvation from a famine.  She thought she was saving them from destruction by the Vikings, but found herself drawn to one angry Viking.
As the story unfolds and Styr finds himself more and more drawn to the woman who captured him ,but he is duty bound to honor his vows to his Viking bride.  Ms. Willingham does an excellent job in presenting a believable story as to why they might be able to further their relationship. 
Although I feel it was a beautifully written story and one that truly touches the heart, I felt the sex scenes to be a bit on the graphic side.  Even though at one point there was a scene with no intimacy, I felt it was essentially not appropriate when the rest of the book was about honor and protection of Styr’s wife. 
I enjoyed the storyline very much, but this will not be a book that I will keep on my reread list.  Definitely an adult content book.  This is not normally a book that I would have chosen to read, however I do enjoy historical romantic stories about Vikings and the Irish.   

 Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Penguin Group Viking, through Netgalley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

 

No comments: