Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Book Review - Blood and Bone by Don Hoesel

Blood and Bone
By: Don Hoesel
Publisher:  Bethany House
 
Jack Hawthorne and Espy finally marry, settle down and have a family.  One of their boys has cystic fibrosis.  They deal with their son’s illness as a family in a quiet way.  However one phone returns them to a life on the run all because of the Prophet Elisha’s bones that he and Espy had buried in the outback of Australia a decade before.  Their sons are abducted and the only way to ensure their safety is to return the bones. However, when they return to Australia for the bones, they are gone.  They journey across the globe following ancient clues to find the bones so they can reclaim their sons.
Blood and Bone is full of suspense, intrigue, and mystery with a little romance thrown in.  Jack and Espy find things out about their lives, beliefs and faith as they put the pieces of the puzzle together.  Although the fast paced suspense kept me turning the pages, it was the love for their sons that stole my heart. 
I would highly recommend this book if you like a great mystery with a lot of suspense.  It will leave you wondering if in fact this is fiction or if there really is a society that protects Biblical artifacts.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: