Saturday, June 22, 2013

Book Review-Stealing The Preacher by Karen Witemeyer

Stealing The Preacher
By
Karen Witemeyer
Bethany House Publisher
 
Crockett Archer was on his way to an interview for a position at Piney Woods of Texas when he was kidnapped by outlaw from his train.  The outlaw gave him to his daughter because she asked for a preacher for her birthday.  For months Joanna Robbins had prayed for a preacher to reopen their abandoned church to full fill the promise she made to her dying mother.  When she finds out he is there against his will she makes her father release him, but prays that God convince him he is needed in their community.
I found this to be a fun read.  It made me cry, laugh and even want to step in and settle a few disputes. The characters were believable and I fell in love with them. Silas' antics as an outlaw made me laugh out loud and when he accidentally shot a young man in a hunting accident his remorse and acceptance of God made me cry.  Crockett's ability to deal with situations without offending people was truly an inspiration.    I would recommend this book especially if you like historical romance. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through  Bethany House Publishing   blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: