Saturday, June 22, 2013

Book Review-The Negotiator by Dee Henderson

The Negotiator
by
Dee Henderson
Tyndale House Publishers
 
Kate O’Malley is a hostage negotiator and has seen life’s worst from the time before she was left in an orphanage.  Maybe because of her past she became one of the best hostage negotiators.   Her family consists of seven orphans that became “family” who adopted the last name of O’Malley.   Kate finds in this book she has a natural brother that she never knew she had.  It all comes to the surface when a plane crashed killing 214 people that was not an accident.   The investigation shows that her brother is involved. 
I was hooked on this book from page one!  This book was more about mystery than romance although it was a nice mix.  I think the best part of the book for me was when Ms. Henderson explained why God lets things happen.  As a Christian it was a nice reminder of how merciful God is even during the time of crises.  If you are someone one who has questions about God letting things happen when He could have prevented them, her explanation is truly profound.  She explains the difference between Grace and Justice in such a way there is no doubt that God is truly merciful in all things.  Although I enjoyed the book because the storyline of the O’Malley’s, it was the explanation of justice and mercy that hooked me.  Very well done!
Disclosure: I received a  copy of this eBook through Amazon for free.  I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: