Monday, June 10, 2013

Book Review-Jennifer by Dee Henderson


Jennifer
By:
Dee Henderson
Publisher:  Bethany House

 Jennifer O’Malley, pediatrician and the youngest of seven in the O’Malley clan.  None of the O’Malley’s are related by birth.  Jennifer  met Tom Peterson, a surgeon who works at the same hospital.  Tom introduces her to a Jesus she has never known in a way that is not pushy or “preachy”.  It is a simple story of acceptance and faith.  Jennifer’s faith will be tested and since she is new to Christianity, will her fragile faith stand the test?  As you turn the pages you will see how she begins to deal with her first real trial as a Christian.
I fell in love with Jennifer from page one.  Her character is so believable I felt like I was right there suffering through trying to accept the Bible and God as truth.  I felt her agony when she lost a patient and I felt her joy when she began to realize “Jesus Loves Me”.  I would recommend this book, if you need an inspirational uplifting story in your life.  It is filled with a little romance, compassion, love, God’s grace and a lesson in faith.
This is the first book I have read in the O’Malley series and I am looking forward to reading the next book.  Ms. Henderson in my opinion has done an excellent job in teaching about God’s love and faith without being overbearing. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House, through Bethany House  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.
 
About The Author:
Dee Henderson is the author of seventeen novels.  She is well known for her O'Malley series and the Uncommon Hero series.  She has received and has been nominated for many awards.  Be sure to stop by and visit her at:  Dee Henderson.  You will be able to read the first chapter of many of her books.
 

No comments: