Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Book Review-Dead Insider by Victoria Houston


Dead Insider
By: Victoria Houston
Publisher:  F&W/Adams Media
Date Released:  6/18/2013

 Jane Ericsson is running for the Wisconsin Senate seat that her father once held.  As with most elections, the pace is grueling and the problems just keep mounting up.  Jane has a falling out with a life-long friend, Kaye, her accountant tells her thousands of dollars in campaign funds are missing, and she is drinking too much. To top it all off there is an old secret that could cause her campaign to be derailed if it comes out.  Before she can decide what to do…she disappears. 
Lewellyn Ferris, Loon Lake’s Chief of Police along with her dear friend, Paul Osborne, a retired dentist and sometimes medical examiner are hard at work to find out what has happened to Jane, along with the help of the close knit community.
I found the plot to be well written and had a realistic vibe. Being from a small rural community, the book had the perfectly believable small community feel. The plot flowed well and there were no lags.  Even though I am not the least bit interested in fly fishing I enjoyed the brief descriptions in the book.  However I don’t think I will ever be hooked on fly fishing but I am, hooked on this series after reading my first book and will certainly be reading more of Ms. Houston’s books.    
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, F & W/Adams Media, through Netgalley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: