Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review-Storm by Evan Angler

Storm
By Evan Angler
Publisher - Thomas Nelson - Children
Release Date May 7, 2013
 
Evan Angler has brought to us the book, Storm, about a future United States under the rule of two charismatic leaders.  He brings to light what happens to those who take the Mark at age 13 and what happens if you refuse the Mark.  Without the Mark, known as the Markless you will not be able to go to school, shop, get medical attention, buy medication, buy food or anything.  You will be completely on your own and could simply disappear.  Nothing prepares you for the journey that is taken by Logan Langly who went  to get his Mark and at the last minute backs out.  He begins his quest to find his sister Lily who got her Mark 5 years earlier and has never been seen again. He finds a Markless network called, Dust who is anti-government.   They have hacked the computer system of the DOME and find out there is a bio-weapon being released for which the vaccine has been turned against them and it could cause a world-wide epidemic wiping out thousands of people.  The Dust receives a message about Christianity causing them to realize humanity is in the end days.  Will Logan and his friends  find Logan’s sister, Lily before it’s too late?  Will they find a cure for the epidemic?    The cry of the Marked and the government is “peace, peace” and a one world Government, but when they have lulled the people into believing they have achieved peace ….is it really peace?  Is it too late?  These are questions answered as you turn the pages of Storm.
Had I not been raised hearing about the Mark of the Beast all of my life, I would have said this book was purely a futurist, science- fiction novel geared toward the younger set.  Age 16-25.  However, as I turned the pages I realized this could very well be the scenario that will take place near the end time.  This book will pose many questions, because many of the things we are facing today have become reality in this book.   Although I did find this book listed in the children section, I think it is a book that could be enjoyed by any age from 16 and up.   I did find it a little difficult to follow from time to time, as there were many characters, and organizations to keep straight.  For that reason, I would not have listed this book as "children" but rather "young adult".  However I think it was a book well worth reading.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this ebook by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through http://netgalley.com  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

1 comment:

Noah said...

This is awesome! I can't wait for Spark, the next book, that comes out this November.