Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book Review-Stolen by Daniel Palmer

 
A Nail Biting Terror Filled Mystery
 
Stolen
by
Daniel Palmer
Publisher: Kensington Books
 
John Bodine and his wife Ruby have everything in life to look forward to. Then Ruby is diagnosed with cancer and must have chemotherapy.  However their insurance will only pay for generic brands, which are not available.  John in his desperation turns to finding a way to fund the medication Ruby needs in order to save her life.  One phone call after he steals the identity of another person turns their world upside down and sends their lives into a terrifying tailspin.
Questions raised while reading this book were:
If you were faced with having to make a life and death situation, could you make the decision as to who would live or die?  If someone you loved needed medication and you couldn’t afford it, would you steal someone else’s identity to provide the care they needed?   When things got out of control and people started dying would you go to the police even though it meant your crime would be found out?   These were just a few of the choices faced by John and Ruby.   Because of their decisions, they will suffer the most horrifying experiences of their lives.  I have read other books by Daniel Palmer, but for me, this one is the best.  It held my attention from beginning to end.  I found myself often forgetting to breathe and couldn’t wait to turn the pages to see what would happen next.  This is not a book for the faint of heart, but is a wonderfully written mystery, filled with nail biting terror. 
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this eBook by the publisher, Kensington Books, through Net Galley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: