Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review-Ophelia Cut by John Lescroart

Ophelia Cut
by
John Lescroart
Publisher: Atria
Release Date:  May 7, 2013
 
 

It all begins with a police cover up to a shootout at Pier 70.  Six years later Brittany McGuire was raped and the rapist was found brutally murdered.   Moses McGuire, Brittany’s father was accused of murdering the rapist.  He is being represented by his brother-in-law and friend, Dismas Hardy, both of which are involved in the cover up.  Moses is a recovering alcoholic and has fallen off the wagon, which is a concern for his friends, because, if he tells his secrets while in jail, it could destroy Dismas and his colleague’s careers.  Can Dismas find out who the killer is?  Can he save his and his colleagues careers?  What will the cost be?  All of these questions are answered as you turn the pages of Ophelia Cut. 

In My Opinion:
After reading the book description, I expected much more action and drama. I really wanted to like this book as I have read several other books by Lescroart and liked them very much. At times the story waned so much that I spent a lot of time skim-reading.  I was a little disappointed that by mid-book I figured out the ending.   I did enjoy reading about the magic he weaves in his court room presentations. 

Disclosure: I was given a copy of this ebook by the publisher, Atria, through Net Galley  blogger program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: