Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Review-Pearl In The Sand By Tessa Afshar



by Tessa Afshar
Moody Publishers

This is the first book I have read by this author and after reading Pearl In The Sand, I can't wait to read more of her work. Even though this book is a work of fiction it has helped to reaffirm my faith in knowing God's love is unconditional. This book shows how Rahab, a prostitute, accepted her life as an outcast, yet comes to realize that although she feels unworthy she still longs to "know" the Lord and be part of God's plan for Isreal.  Her life-style goes against the teachings of God she does find love and through many trials, soul searching and much prayer finds that she is worthy of God's love and forgiveness. While reading this book, I begin to feel that I could deal with my own resentments. This story truly shows how God could take someone like Rahab, so soiled and unaccepted by society and use the situation for God's greater purpose. It is a beautifully written and sincere story. I feel like Pearl in the Sand has forever changed my outlook on life.  Although I read this book almost a year ago it lingers in my heart today.  It is a book that I will read over and over again.

Disclosure: I received a Kindle addition of this book from Amazon for free. I was not compensated for this review, nor was I required to write a review nor a positive review. The opinions in this review are entirely my own.

No comments: