Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review--"The Survivor" by DiAnn Mills



The Survivor by DiAnn Mills

Kariss meets Dr. Amy Garrett, who survived a brutal childhood attack, in which the assailant was never found.   Amy now decides she wants her story told.   Kariss wants to seek the advice of a special Agent Harris with whom she previously had a relationship, but felt seeing him again would be too painful.  After interviewing Amy, she conducts her own research only to find out she has stepped into great danger that she didn’t expect.  Will Agent Harris save the woman he loves and find out who wants her dead all because she wrote about a cold unsolved case?  I can’t tell you...to find out you must read it. 


This was an intriguing read.  It held my interest from beginning to end. The presentation of Kariss’ character proves that women are much stronger than they often believe themselves to be.  This book makes you feel like you are part of the characters. It is filled with just enough action to keep you turning the pages.  Even though I love mysteries and intrigue, I find it difficult to read about brutal attacks, especially involving women, children and the elderly.  I found that Ms. Mills did a fantastic job of telling the story without being terribly graphic yet revealing enough that as a reader you could read between the lines. 
If you like a book that is filled with action, intrigue and a crazy mixed up relationship this is a must read. I Love reading books like this that has a good storyline without using explicit language and sex scenes. 

Disclosure: I recieved a copy of this book by the publisher, Zondervan, through Booksneeze Blogger Review program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my reveiw.   This reveiw is my own opinion.
 

No comments: