Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Review - Cut & Run by Traci Hohenstein

Cut & Run by Traci Hohenstein
 

“Cut & Run “is the third book in its series, by Traci Hohenstein.  It is about Rachel Scott and her daughter, Mallory who was abducted as a toddler.  Rachel has been looking for her daughter for almost six years now.  The abduction caused her marriage to end in divorce.  Since she has not been able to find her daughter she set up a search and rescue agency, (Florida Omni Search) in hopes of finding other abducted/missing children, families and individuals.  She has a network of volunteers who can help her no matter where the calls may come from.  While she was following up on a clue for her daughter she received a call that a whole family was missing in the New Orleans area.  The dad, Matt, turned up mysteriously at a truck stop disorientated and confused with amnesia thrown in.  Was the amnesia real or faked?  Did he abduct his family?   How can a whole well-to-do family from an influential neighborhood just disappear without a trace, except for one?  Was it an inside job?  Who would gain from the abduction?  Those questions are answered as you turn the pages in “Cut & Run”.   Will Rachel and her team of volunteers find them before it’s too late? 
This book is filled with just enough action to make you want to turn the page and it even dabbles a little in Voo Doo.  I read it in one evening.  I thought I figured it out ½ to ¾ of the way through the book, but I still wanted to turn the pages to make sure I was correct in my assumption.  Ms. Hohenstein poses a lot of twists and turns along the way, thus keeping the book alive.  The characters made you want to hug them, shake them and yes even choke them.  The end of the book (not going to give it away)…..Let's just say, I am in hopes there is a sequel coming soon.  I would recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery, intrigue, a little dysfunction in the family and a little Voo Doo. No rough language and no explicit sex scenes.  Just absolute wholesome reading.  Loved it!

Although this is my first reading of any work by Ms. Hohenstein, it won’t be my last and I can’t wait to go back and read the other 2 books in this series.

I received this ebook free from the publisher, Amazon Publishing, through Netgalley blog reader program. I was not required to give a favorable review. 



No comments: