Saturday, December 15, 2012

Book Review - An Angel By Her Side

An Angel by Her Side by Ruth Reid
You can read more about Ruth Reid's books Here


Have you ever had a tragedy or heartbreak in your life that you just didn’t think you would ever recover from?  Katie Bender had more than what most people would consider, more than her fair share.  Yet she found grace to deal with each trial from her faith.  Join her on her journey by putting your situation in place of hers, and see how faith may help you with solutions to you trials.

Katie Bender and Seth Stutzman are the main characters of this novel, which takes place in a town called Hope Falls.  Although it is about the Amish traditions and beliefs it is a novel that touches the heart.  You find yourself willing each character to obey the will of God.  The most interesting thing I found about the book was when Elias, the mysterious stranger appeared at times when things were the most upside down, and he seemed to know exactly what was needed.  He would offer them advice, but never demanded they follow his advice.  So not to tell too much, you will be amazed at what Elias does behind the scenes when good versus evil to protect God’s own.  Let’s just say I wish I had him in my corner when the going gets tough.  It also deals with a community that was devastated and how they pulled together to help each other without help from the government. 

Although it is the third book in a series and I have not read the first two, it was easy to pick up from here and quickly become acquainted with the characters.  I would recommend this book if you are interested in faith, grace and how others with different cultural background deal with tragedy and heartbreak.  It is an easy uplifting read.

 Disclosure: I recieved a copy of this book by the publisher, Thomas Nelson, through  Booksneeze  blogger review program for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my reveiw. This reveiw is my own opinion.

No comments: