Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just A Few Cards


Thankfully the rains and winds from Hurricane Sandy have left our area, but it is still rather dreary and cold.  Belive me when I see all the devestation on the East coast I am very thankful that we only had some flooding, downed trees and powerlines in our area. 
Now if all the robo calls from the politicians for the upcoming election on Tuesday would end....I would be happy.  Nothing aggrevates me more than to be in the middle of a meal or reading a good book and have the phone ring and it be a robo call from a politician.  I'd even be happy if it were a real person.  We have gotten to the point where we hit the answer button and immediately the end button.  I know, I know,  after Tuesday it will end, but it has been going on for a year or longer now and the closer it gets to election day the worse the robo calls become.  Sometimes we get as many as 50 in a day.  Sorry for the soap box... That's it for today!  LOL  (Can you tell I've had one too many calls already today?)


This card was made using glossy paper and stippling it with ink and overstamping the image onto the stippling. Love how it looks.  I used a button embossing folder and added faux stitching around the edge.
Challenges:
Faux or Real Stitching
Thank you



The tag background was made using all colors of glimmer sprays.  Over stamped it with the snowflake stamp..Added a little faux stitching around the edge, but is hard to see in the picture.  Cut little Henry Mouse out and attached him with foam pads.  Instant Tag.
Challenge:
T is for Tag



This image from Meljens if one of my very favorites.  What can I say about it...It just makes me smile
The background paper is stamped with a stamp from Bugawumps...Love those circles.  They give any card a happy feeling.
Challenges:
Critters (use any meljens critter images)



Needed a card for a friend who is going through a tough time.  Thought this card would cheer her up and show her she has friends thinking about her.
Challenges:
Just One
one image, one paper, one embellishment, one word

6 comments:

paper fun said...

Beautiful projects.

The colors in your tag is lovely. So shimmery.

Thanks for joining our tag challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

scrapadinne said...

Such a cute card! :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week! :)

Hugs
Evelina

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah these are all super creations, Love them all, Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week Hazelxo

Carrie said...

All your cards are very pretty, I especially love the little donkey by Meljen's.

Jess's Crafty Things said...

thanks for picking the little donkey from Meljen's Sally for the challenge this week, as you made a really sweet card with it - good idea! hugs Jess

Lesley said...

Fab cards and I love the little mouse on the tag! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx