Monday, September 17, 2012

Don't Be Shocked...I Did A Little Crafting


I know, I know it has been  ages since I last blogged.  My life has been on a merry-go-round for so long, I am not sure I could stop the thing if it were possible.  This past summer has been filled with a lot of changes in our lives.  Let's just say there isn't enough hours in the day or days in the week to get everything done for everyone and still have time for things here at home, much less crafting.  I am always thankful when I have a few minutes to just relax. 
Also with this summer, I have been hosting a Bible Study group.  It was a shock to me. I have never hosted anything!  One morning I was at the bus stop with the kiddies getting on the bus.  I was chatting with two other grannies at the stop.  They asked what I was going to do and I told them go home and do my Bible Study.  It is called "Me, Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild.  It is a phenomenal Bible Study for women.  If you are interested in doing the study, contact me via the eamil button in the right side of my blog.  Anyway to make a long story short.  These ladies showed up on my doorstep with coffee cup in hand and we spent the next 6 weeks delving into the Word of God together.  There was a lot of laughter, tears and soul searching during those 6 weeks, but they are by far the best time I have had in a long time.  Starting Thrusday of this week, we are going to be starting a new study by Jennifer Rothschild, called "Missing Pieces".  Another wonderful study.  If you have ever asked those questions of God..such as...God Do You Hear Me When I Pray?, God Are you There?  Why God?  Then this is a study you shouldn't miss.  I am very excited about the next 6 weeks with these wonderful ladies.  Now having said that, each week when they show up at my house with coffee cup in hand, I have a little crafted item at their places at the table.  Each week the item has a Bible verse and is filled with goodies they will use during the coming week for their next week's study.  It was such a hit the last study that I decided to do it again this coming 6 weeks.  Keeps me on my toes trying to find time and find something different to make.  Here are just a couple of things I have done for this coming Bible Study.  They are not filled with goodies yet...I'm getting there.  Thankfully Thursday's is already taken care of...it is a boughten item.  LOL
In keeping with children going back to school I made a backpack, which I will fill with goodies and add a Bible verse on the pocket in the front.  Pretty cool huh?  I stamped the design on the paper. This idea came from Frenchie's Blog.  She has a fabulous video, complete with instructions.
This might fit the following challenges:
Back To School
Back To School Plus a Sentiment
See You In September
Hopefully the backpack fits this criteria. 





Autumn is On It's Way
The next item is a self-wrapped box with a belly band.  This is such a cool little box.  I plan to fill it with candy corn or some type of fall candy...hummm maybe candy corn and chocolate covered peanuts.  Sounds good doesn't it?  Anyway I used silk sunflowers, punched out leaves and inked them with gold, greens and red, then sprayed them with irredescent gold mist.
I stamped the belly band with leaves in red, green and sand.  Again, I think I found this on Frenchie's Blog
I was doing a little blog hopping and found these might fit the following challenges
Browns, Oranges, Yellows
Orange, Red, Green, Yellow, (Autumn colors)




8 comments:

Electra said...

These are really sweet projects-both so unique!~ I'm glad you took the time to play along with us at Opus Gluei!

Archana said...

....and you did awesome! Love the lil schoolbag. You are so talented.
I am glad that you joined sentimental sundays challenge this week.
Hugs,
Archana
www.craftycity.com

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us, I especially like the box in Autumn Colours, just perfect for the challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Calypso's Crafts said...

How i love your back pack creation. I have seen them around, but have still to try my hands at making one myself.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous projects! LOVE THE BROWNS! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck, hugs NIKKI DT

Ali said...

Wow, your projects are so clever! The little backpack is adorable and the box is such a clever design... I love your colour choices too (and that yummy paisley paper on the box!).

Thanks for joining in our "Autumn" challenge at OSAAT this week. :)

Ali

Rosemary said...

Well, God bless you for juggling so many things and giving yourself time to be creative. I love the backpacks, what a great idea!

Your gift box is wonderful too (I have that paper and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it) - so fall, so richly colored and embellished.

Thank you so much for playing with us at Opus Gluei! I hope you return for more challenges.

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous Box Sally! The colours scream autumn, your sunflowers are just gorgeous and such a clever little box too. Anyone would be so happy to receive this.

Many thanks for joining in with our Autumn challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)