Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crafting 2 Weeks In A Row!

I am not sure how I have managed to find some time for crafting.  I think it is because I have not been sleeping again....so I craft!  Unfortunately it will catch up to me... It always seems too, but I'm enjoying it while I can.  I can't believe that I am scraping the bottom of my box for cards.  Since I have been making cards my stash has never been this low so it's time to replenish!  I appologize for the poor quality photos.  With today being the first day of Autumn...it was rainy and dreary here. 
Not good weather for photo-taking.

For this week I have made the following cards and projects.
I have entered them into the following challenges.  If I have misinterpreted your challenge,
please feel free to exclude them. 

CD Holder
Challenges
Hazy Shades of Autumn
dark orange, gold, orange
Shades of Autumn
#152 Fall/Autumn  (I used a stamp that I have had since I began stamping)

Poka Dot Birthday Card
I made this card by stamping the background with flowers in eggplant, then running it through the cuttlebug's poka dot folder.  Love how it turned out.
Challenges:
Make It Floral
Inspired by a Song...You Don't Bring Me Flowers...Neil Diamond/Barbara Striesand
Inspired by a Song...Garden Party...Rick Nelson or same as above
Bling It On...tons of gems on this card


I think out of all the cards I made this week, this one is my favorite.  You can't see it very well in the poor photo, but after I stamped the leaves, I stamped them again with top boss then embossed them with pearl embossing poweder.  The effect is stunning in real life.
Challenges:
Flamingo, honey, coffee..  The inks I used were as close to those colors as I could find.
Bingo  ribbon, embossing, buttons
Autumn
buttons

Lighthouses are always one of my favorite images to work with.  Never tire of inking up this stamp anc coloring away.
Bingo...embossed edge, ribbon and button
Thinking of You
Must Use A Sentiment

This is a quilled card I made.  Not a big fan of quilling.  Way too tedious for me.
Challenges:
Things With Wings
Things With Wings
Thank You Card
Things With Wings...glitter optional (I forgot mine)

23 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow...you've been busy...lovin' all your cards...especially the one for The Play Date Cafe! Thanks for joining us!!!

Archana said...

Each card is beautiful. I love the one you entered for sentimental sundays challenge this week. love the fall colors and the way you made this card. Thanks again for joining us.
Hugs,
Archana
www.craftycity.com

Maggie said...

Great card Sally your bird is so cute!
Lovely blog too

MaggieH

brenda said...

Fabulous collection of cards Sally, I especially like the autumnal coloured ones.

A great take on the theme, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

craftybunny said...

Lots of lovely cards!Your lighthouse card is super.Great details.Love the embossed edge.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Janette said...

Your cards are all fab, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Susan Martin said...

Beautiful! I love that CD holder.. what a great idea! Its fantastic. Love the colors, the paper. The polka dot birthday card is fantastic too. Love the stamp.. Love the colors! and LOVE the pearls :) Its really beautiful!! I love your fall birthday card too. Fantastic colors.. love those leaves! So many cards.. and they are all magnificent!! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time. Good luck and I hope to see you again next week!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Jill said...

gorgoeus creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Josephine said...

A beautiful collection!

Thanks for joining in our 'Bingo' game at One Stitch at a Time.

Craftnut said...

Wow, lots of challenges covered here :o) Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at allsorts this week. Tracy x

Dawn said...

What a great set of cards & a fab song choice too! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad for our Inspired By A Song Challenge
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

PS Don’t forget there's less than a week left to enter in the BCA Think Pink Challenges at The Crafty Pad and Dawn's Crafting too!

Bonnie Irvine said...

All of your cards are beautiful and so creative. I especially like the lighthouse one. The image is coloured in such a lovely way and I love the crispness of the blue and white. Thanks for joining our Bingo Challenge at Craft Your Passion challenges.

Alicia said...

What a super-clever CD case, I just may have to "borrow" this idea for Christmas gifting! Thanks for sharing your awesome talents with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Lynn said...

I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well, but you have created some gorgeous cards! I know I am biased, but I love your Play Date Cafe entry the best, too! Such gorgeous fall leaves! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

Deanna said...

Love your lighthouse card!
Thanks for playing with us this week at LRW.
Dee - LRW DT

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a great selection of cards! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Vicky said...

Great cards!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey

hugs Vicky xxx

Eva Gro said...

What a beautiful card!!

Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Eva`s Scraproom
DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colour combo and the leaves are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Kim Dellow said...

Wow, wonderful makes! Kim

Carol said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Mummy lade said...

Just popped by to admire your lovely creation and thank you for sharing with us at Stampin for the Weekend!

a portland granny said...

Hi Sally,
Was surprised to see your comment. I am posting a wonderful story, but cannot seem to get my words to flow. I only had it on the board for a moment, but that must have been when you saw it. This blogging is so frustrating.

Love the above post. I haven't done cards in a while, but check back in a couple of days and I will have the story told, I hope.