Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yikes... Where Did 2011 Go?

That long-awaited day that comes only once a year is almost here.  My granddaughter is so excited.  For days now she has been counting the sleeps until Christmas Day.  Today is her last day of school until the New Year and the first thing on her agenda is to spend the night with Nonni and Poppy.  I told her I would be busy getting ready for our Christmas Eve dinner,  she said, "Nonni, I'm sure you can use and extra set of hands in the kitchen".   Hummmm something is wrong with this picture... A 7 yr old can see that I could use some help but not the rest of the adults???  LOL You know what they say....Out of the Mouths of Babes!
Not sure that I will be posting again before Christmas as "crunch time" is really here now.
My shopping, such as it is, is finished and wrapped, decorating...well let's just say it's sufficient for this year, with a promise to do more for 2012, grocery shopping is almost complete.  Just a run to the meat market tomorrow morning and then it will soon be history!
Just in case I'm not back to post again before Christmas....
We Wish You A
Merry Christmas & Hapy New Year

Adore this little snowman... Got him over at Becky's Place
My colors are a bit unconventional, but the background paper
was my inspiration.. red, blue and pink, then I found a challenge
with the same color scheme plus white.  How cool is that? There is lots of
sparkle to this card.  There is glitter, sparkly hearts and sparkly faux
snow in the background.
Challenges:
 lt pink, lt blue, red, white + sparkle
162 Christmas Sparkle
# 86  Make a Christmas Card
Last Christmas Card of the year
Anything Christmas
# 133 Merry Christmas...must have the word Christmas
# 16 Christmas cards and projects
 All hearts come home for Christmas...Must have hearts


The next few cards are all Tilda images....An invasion of them... Been a long
time since I inked these little cuties up... Actually I think I colored a
lot of them during the year...Sometimes I do that... Just stamp them out
color them up...put them in a box for future use.  LOL..Does anyone else do that?
I have already colored Christmas images for next years cards...& Easter
Challenges:
# 134 Blue & Brown
# 86 Clare's sketch
1 ribbon/border, 2 DP, 3 embellies
love those little corner embellies..found them in a clearance bin in a
close-out store.  They were pink and I colored them brown with
my copic markers
Spots and stripes.




 Inside my card will say
...for being so sweet...Thus the use of hearts
challenges:
# 137 sketch and piggy back this month...no flowers of any kind
That's a challenge all in it's self for me... I love flowers.
# 127 red, cream, gold
A card or gift of gratitude
#112 Inspiration photo
I am always reluctant to join in these because I am afraid it won't be the right thing
but this was my inspiration from the photo...the reds from the berries, browns from the
vines, cream from the candle, gold from the candle light.  That's what I saw when I looked at it.

26 comments:

Vicky said...

They are all so gorgeous Sally...and fabulous colouring too hun :o)

and wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas and New Year too :o)

big hug Vicky xx

Sharon said...

These are all fantastic!! Thank you for sharing with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

Geri said...

You have been very busy once again. Beautiful coloring and the corner adornments that you have used on your card are perfect for this week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches. Best wishes for a happy holiday season.

Victoria said...

Lovely cards, Sally. Happy Christmas!

Sarpreet said...

this is gorgeous, i love the colours used

Sorry I have not been able to visit your blog in such a long time, I have been so busy, and there have not been enough hours in the day.

I wanted to also wish you a very merry christmas and a happy new year from our house to yours.

Elaine said...

Sally,
Your cards are so pretty! I love the snowman!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz Challenge:)

Elaine Stark said...

It is a fab snowman, lovely and fresh colour scheme. Your other cards are great too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Shirley said...

I want to thank you for your comments on my blog. I love your adorable snowman and your Tilda cards are just lovely too! If I don't make it back before....A Very Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to your and yours!!

Linda Beeson said...

These are all so cute and what a really neat use of the Unscripted sketch.

Lisa M said...

Oh my goodness, these are spectacular cards. Your snowman is completely festive and perfect for our challenge at TOP TIP TUESDAY!
Thank you so much for playing along with us.
Hugs and Happy Holidays to YOU!
Lisa xx

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute cards! I especially love the snowman! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Janeen said...

cute cards -love the stickles on the snow man card. Thanks for playing in Speedy's Challenge. Wishing you and yours peace and joy in this holiday season.

brenda said...

A lovely collection of cards Sally.

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and have a lovely Christmas.

B x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Aww...this is just adorable! I love that funny little snowman. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Joanne said...

Such lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Sally :-) all of them are fabulous :-)

I hope you did get some adult help in the kitchen !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lots of sparkle is always a good thing! ;) Love your sweet snowman card....actually all of your cards are beautiful! Thank you so much for joinin gus this week at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! :)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great cards I love the button balloons!

Thanks for joining in our brown and blue challenge this fortnight at Allsorts and all the best for 2012

Emma xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous cards Sally, I love how you've used buttons for the balloons. Thanks for joining us at SS&S.

Donna x

Keilly said...

Such a pretty card, I love your 'button' balloon. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

Janne said...

Your card is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC.
Janne

kaos said...

Such a cute Christmas card - love to see untraditional colours!

Thanks for joining our hop at Crafty Creations Challenge!
hugs
kaos

NancyD said...

Super card and well executed. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz. NancyD

Karen said...

WOW your cards are lovely, I really like the Tilda you used for our challenge. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Magnolia Down Under
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful cards!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at MDUC.
hugs..........

Sweet Fairy said...

These all are so beautiful. I had worked for the Plastic cards company as a designer, and your cards inspire me for designing again. Thanks for sharing these adorable cards.