Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snowman Invasion & Lots of Snowflakes!

I am well on my way with catching up on my stocking stuffers and last minute hand made gifts.  I feel so relieved, however I still haven't finished my parent's shopping for the family, haven't begun to decorate, nor have I given any serious thought about baking or what my menu will be for Christmas Eve!  Yikes!  I'm thinking Christmas will be here all too soon and I won't be ready.  Seems to me, I feel that way every year and it always seems to come together at the last minute. 

When I saw these little guys/gals at my friend Ritas ,
I just knew that I had to make them.  So with her permission to go shopping, off I went to Joann Fabrics to get my fabric.  Everything else I had.  She is such an enabler.  LOL  If you want to know the particulars about how to make these lovely little Hershey Candy Bar wrappers, visit her blog by clicking on her name.  Also be sure to leave her some love and thank her for posting the link to these little guys. 
These little snowmen are just too adorable for words!  I spent a whole afternoon making them and the time just flew by.  They are not hard to make and if you can sew a straight seam, then no problem.  I did think once I got them done that I should have tried that stitch witch or that fabric glue to see if it works.  If any of you give it a try let me know how it works. I made 15 in just a couple hours and will probably be making more as I have a feeling some of my friends will be wanting them.  Actually a lady bought 15 of them from me.... LOL 
(I have 5 extra so if anyone is intersted in purchasing any please
contact me via the link in my side bar for prices and shipping)


Challenges:
#66 Anything papercrafts.  The body is paper
Tis The Season
Top Tip Tuesday (entry 2)
Let It Snow...What better way to make a Snowman?
#5 Christmas With a Bow.  These little guys are full of ribbons and bows
Y is for Yippee....It's almost Christmas so  Anything Christmas




This is something I was always going to make but never got around to it....until now.  I needed several of these.  Quick and easy.  I have seen these on blogs before...but couldn't remember where so I just winged it.   They didn't turn out too badly for not knowing what I was doing...  Love this little sentiment stamp.  It was a $1 stamp from JoAnn Fabrics.  Just love those little things.

Challenges:
#77 Celebrate The Season
Handmade Gifts.
Party Time Tuesdays
#45  Holiday Greeting as the focal point...
Crafty Creations
#147 Christmas Sentiment
Clearly Inspired Challenges
 #CIC41 Christmas  (stamps or digi)



Challenges:
Christmas Present 
(I think all the projects on this page but one would fit this challenge)
RCC32 Peppermint Twist With Wendy
#44 Christmas Bling  ( added little peppermints to the last bag.  There is also
glitter on the first one, but it doesn't show well)






 Don't ask me how this project got into my "christmas gifts"  This is a wedding favor that I made sometime ago.  A friend wanted to see what I could do with a candy bar so I made this as a mock-up.  If she likes it, I may be busy.....LOL  Hope the wedding is not this month:(
FROM THIS....
 TO THIS...
Just love those embossing folders.  They seem to turn any project into something special
Challenges:
Anything Goes...Be sure to use ribbon





Another planner and check book cover
FROM THIS.....
 TO THIS...
AND THIS WITH CHECK BOOK COVER 
CLOSE UP OF CHECK BOOK COVER 
The Crafty Pad (entry 2)
#150 Give it a Punch... My butterflies are a MS punch.
# 87 Anything Goes + glitter





I have been working on these little stocking stuffers for the past two weeks.  I have made lots and lots of them, not only for my own personal use, but for other people as well.  I was looking at the ones I had left today and realized they fit several of the challenges this week.  This is too funny since they were made without any challenge in mind.  I just needed quick stocking stuffers and so did several other people!

We started with Tic Tacs
  When this picture was taken I had 6 left, now I only have 4...LOL
sorry for the poor quality photo... Seem to be going through batteries like water.
The 2nd one from the left (dark blue and kraft has a charm snowman, hope that qualifies for dangly)
Anything Goes with option to add something dangly
Top Tip Tuesday  (entry 3)
Let It snow...
Let It Snow
This was an experiment and I loved it.  It is herringbone paper piecing with thin strips of paper.
The tutorial can be found here.  I Can Stamp That 
It was so easy.  I had these scraps laying on my desk so that is what I
used only to find out this fits a theme for a challenge...
You can also sign up for her videos
 
Challenges:
Craft Your Passion (entry 2)Anything Goes + glitter


Challenges:
# 62 Cricut Creation, Holiday theme with butons
( I used the cricut for the snow flakes and small labels
cartridge...Accent Essentials)
Snow Much Fun
# 27 Christmas and/or red, green white


These are the 4 I have left.  If anyone is interested in purchasing them please contact
me using the link in my side bar.






More  Folded Stars
I made these in an earlier post and a lady asked
me to make a bunch for her.   These are a completely diffrent batch from the first ones. 
For first ones, I used MS snowflake stamps, but this time I wanted to showcase
this gorgeous snowflake stamp from
Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Co
It is so intricate and delicate.  Lucky me.. I won it earlier this year!  I had forgotten I had it  along with my poor neglected beads that I used to anchor the star open and shut.  Be sure to check out the last star to see how delicate that snowflake really is... Stunning...I am afraid I have not done it justice.  I used 2 shades of blue ink.
Thanks Sue
 

Challenges:
# 67 Beat The Winter Blues
Must contain Blue and something white
monochrome
I have used 3 shades of blue...
slate blue,  nautical blue, for-get-me-not to create my monochrome.
Winter & Christmas

49 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunning collection of projects! They are all beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The RibbonnReel this week!

Anne said...

OMG.. everything is so cute and creative.. you have been a busy little elf... thanks for sharing on MIM..

Sasha said...

Oh! My word! So many wonderful Christmassy creations!
Thank you for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge:)

Tracey Brossart said...

Those snowmen are adorable and love the stars too! Amazing job with everything! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our 'Beat the Winter Blues' challenge! Good Luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx

Mynnette said...

W-O-W how busy have YOU been?! These are amazing! Such fabulous work--I think that I like the snowmen best! :)

Simply Pam said...

Oh my goodness, I love all of these stocking stuffers! What great ideas! I especially love the tic tacs. :)

Thanks for playing in paper and buttons w/ us over at Paper Playtime!

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

NancyD said...

Came over from MIM to see all your wonderful projects. Amazing variety and super cute little snow people candy bars. NancyD

* Shaz * said...

OMG what a lot of fabulous projects!

Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow in our "Monochrome" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon x

Basslady said...

this is all so stunning and beautiful!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Curlybear said...

OMGosh what exceptional gifts,I just love the star books they are fabulous they are just perfect for our Anything Goes with Glitter Challenges this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion, I hope you will come and join the fun next week,

Have a lovely day,
Hugs Bridget CYP GDT

Shirley-anne said...

WOW , what an interesting post .How busy you have been . All shared are wonderful papercraft projects .Inspirational each one .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Sarah said...

What a lovely collection of festive goodies!

Thank you for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

Doreen said...

Wow what stunning creations.Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion this week,hope you join us next week.xxx

NGCARDS said...

This is such a beautiful creation hun Thanks for playing along with our Snow Much Fun Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday’s Challenge Blog! xxx

Rita said...

Wow...you have been a busy worker bee Sally! I'm so glad I could be your enabler, I love that roll by the way ;o) You did an awesome job on those snowmen, love that fleece print. Those Christmas cones are gorgeous, the checkbook & planner are simply to die for, soooo darn pretty!

Stunning wedding favor, I love it!!! Great idea...your one fabulous crafter Sally!

Thank you so much for your kind words & the link to my blog.
Hugs Rita

Rita said...

I forgot to comment on the Cute tic tac holders & your folded stars are amazing!!! I haven't tried the stars yet, I keep forgetting to get the beads but maybe that's a project for next year.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow - they're ALL fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines. :)

Dot said...

Wow, what a stunning collection of projects! They are all amazing. So many wonderful gift ideas.
Thank you for joning the challenge at FFF and ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Dorte,xx

Tracy V. said...

I don't even know where to begin, all of these are SO STINKIN' Cute! I love them, I think my favorite are the Snowman...but thats a tough choice. Glad I found you on Make in Monday!
Tracy Valure

maryr917 said...

Such a pretty Christmas star-thanks for joining us at creative belli “winter-christmas challenge

Janis said...

Love all these project ideas! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

Hannah Clark said...

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW about those snowmen! They are just adorable! I love the little hats! The folded star is so beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO many ideas in this post!! Awesome!!

Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!

Davi said...

Lots of Fabulous gifts you have created there!! Thanks for sharing them with us at TT This week ;)

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!! what a wonderful array of fabulous projects!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Caroljenks said...

WOW!!! What an inspiration filled post! Awesome!!! I just love each of your creations but those little snowmen chocolate bars are my favourite! Thanks for the link - I'm off for a look-see ;)

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'Let it Snow' Challenge.
Don't forget if you link a Top Tip you could win our Top Tipper prize too! See TTT for how.

Hope to see you again next week :)

Carol x

Preeti said...

Oh WOW!! These look wonderful!! Love all the creations!
Preeti
www.creativegifts-preeti.blogspot.com

Lisa H. said...

wow! what a fabulous post full of beautiful goodies. thanks for sharing all of these...the snowmen are adorable.

craftybunny said...

Oh wow!How do you find the time to make so many amazing creations.Each one is a wonderful as the next.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Debbie said...

Wow what stunning creations - they are all gorgeous and what fabulous gifts too. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbiexx

Chelsea said...

great project ... thanks for joining us this week at Just Some Lines!

Dawn said...

Gosh you have been busy! Great set of projects!
Thanks for sharing with us at The crafty Pad for our Give It A Punch (use at least three punched shapes) Challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cassie said...

Such wonderful Christmas projects! Wowza! I love it all! Thanks for playing along in CIC41 :D

Flutterby Trina said...

WOW you have some amazing creations there! Now those snowmen are too cute for words! I have to try something like that for next year now!!! Love the cones, something I have always wanted to try but never had the time!! Love the wedding favour too! You could always jazz them up for christmas! Love the planner, I love butterflies so this just melted me!!! I so have to try the tic tac thing too! Thats just FAB!

Well thanks for playing with us this week at TTT, good luck and I will be back soon!!! xx

Samantha said...

Fabulous creations hunny I LOVE the snowmen too! I made them Last year and EVERYONE loved them! so easy but so fun to make and a real star on Christmas day! Thanks for coming to join us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, I hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Amanda said...

What great projects - I love your snowmen!

Thanks for playing along at Ruby's Rainbow.

Amanda

Jacq said...

Hi Sally,
Oh WOW what an amazing collection of Projects!!!! All of them are just Gorgeous. Love these folded stars, they're beautiful. Gorgeous shades of blue you've used on these. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

rudlis said...

What a beautiful projects! Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Creations challenge! Hope to see you again next week and good luck!

downrightcrafty said...

my word so much to look at and all in one go, you have been busy and making some fabulous creations too
love them all
Hugs Kate xx

Aunty Sue said...

What stunning projects. Thanks for playing along with our Snow Much Fun Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday’s Challenge Blog

Liza said...

You've made some gorgeous projects Sally, so pretty.

Liza x

Yolanda said...

WOW! What a terrific bunch of projects! The snowman candy bar wrapper is delightful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Jacki Randolph said...

WOW you have been very busy!! All of your projects are wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps Christmas Bling challenge!

Robin Parker said...

WOW!! These are terrific. I love the folded stars and then you can open to make an ornament. Fabulous idea, thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge.

Kathy D. said...

You are a very creative person! I love that you even decorate a tic tac box!! I would of shoved it in the stocking as is!
Merry Christmas!

Thanks for making a Christmas card with us at Clearly iStamp challenge blog. Hope you will stop by tomorrow when the new challenge is posted.

Delphine said...

WOW, so many fantastic projects! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Samantha said...

me again!
Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time too, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

purplestamper316 said...

awesome! I think I need to make some of these too :) Thanks for the great idea and for using my stamp ~ everyone loves what you make :)

Nasir said...

This is a stunningly beautiful design of card.



plastic cards
plastic card