Sunday, December 4, 2011

No Christmas Cards...Not So Fast...There's More!

And you thought after my last post you could trust me to not post anymore Christmas Cards...Really.... especially after I told you I had drawers full?  I will start off with two non Christmas Cards, after that I'm afraid it's all Christmas. 

We have several male birthdays in the month of January.  I thought these
colors looked wintery but still happy birthdayish for a guy.

Love these gatefold cards and those little button brads. 
I colored them with copic markers to match my color theme.   
Challenges:
Monochromatic
entry 2 at the bottom
Happy Birthday





I need some stocking stuffer gifts and these are always a favorite.  I buy those 2-yr planners with a theme, example (lighthouses)

FROM THIS.....

 the inside has pictures of lighthouses

next I stamp up a lighthouse, color it and cover the front with my stamped image.   I dug out my eyelets so that I could add jute thread to make it look more
nautical with a knot, then I came across the challenge at lil red wagon where you were to use eyelets. Too funny!  Hope that's a good omen.

TO THIS....
Challenges:
eyelets
sketch
(thought this planner would fit the sketch)
Anything Goes
#78  Free For All


I made a couple of these cards...there is another one further down in the post in different colors.
Challenges:
Photo Inspiration... I used the trees and green from the photo
 # 86 It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...
Inspiration image.
The trees and green color are my inspiration
Any Thing Goes
# 150  Give it a punch
use at least 3 punches.  My trees are negative punches..

I made cards similar to this one last year as my Christmas Cards.  They were such a hit,
that I was asked if I would be sending out cards this year with a different recipe??  I have yet to decide on the recipe I will be adding to this card.  In the meantime I just added one from last year.  I think it will
be a cut out cookie recipe this year.  I just haven't had time to decide on my image and print out my recipes.  That will be done this week as time is definitely running out:(  ( My cards are all done and ready for the recipe cards)
December Flowers...holly...narcissus
I only had holly stamps.
Anything Goes





Love, love, love this little tree punch.  I have used white, silver and a touch of blue with glitter in my trees.
It makes them look silver. Embossed the sentiment in silver...don't you  think this looks so elegant?
Challenges:
White on white
silver, white and a hint of color
My TIP.  when glittering a punched out image use double sided tape behind the image rather than trying to use glue.  Much less messy and it adheres perfectly.  When you add a color cardstock behind the image, such as I have done here, the glitter changed it from blue to silver.  Also, to clean up your glitter, use a swifter sweeper cloth.  This works great for getting rid of all that glitter on your work area.
# 84 Use Your Favorite Embellie
Mine is ribbon and glitter...I've used both in this card
Anything Goes






Another December birthday, so I made this  matching gift ensemble.
Wish you could see this in real life.  It has so much sparkle to it, it nearly blinds you when the light hits it.
The designer papers I have used are all about glitter. 
The snowflakes on the green paper are all glitter and the
swirls on the red paper is all glitter, plus I glittered the center of the large snowflake. 
Can you tell I love glitter?
Challenges:
# 85 red, white, green...extra...snowflakes
tags & wrappings
Christmas/winter birthday
colors of Christmas with option of sparkle.
punches or dies.
I used both
Let It Snow
I've got lots of snowflakes in this creation
Happy Birthday
entry 1 at top of post.




Challenges:
Sketch # 130
I thought my bag layout would fit the sketch?
Anything Goes





First of all I am so sorry for the bad photo.  I don't know if it is because it was clear that I couldn't get a picture that is not blurry.  I tried all afternoon and this is the only picture that was blurry.  Humm.....My camera doesn't like see-thru.  Couldn't possibly be the operator???
This was a project my granddaughter and I did together. Don't you just love the little light bulb bottle.  I had never seen one of these, but when Miss V saw it, she thought it would make a great Christmas ornament.  We stamped the image with Stazon and colored it with Sharpie Markers.  The hardest part was waiting fo the glitter to dry.   She couldn't wait to take it home and put it on her tree, which went up yesterday.  LOL Oh to be young!
Challenges:
# 118 Jingle All The way
# 132 Going Round In Circles (circular Project)
Anything Goes

53 comments:

Shirley said...

Sally, I thought I had been to your blog before, but I guess not. Wow, when you post you post. What beautiful cards, planners, etc. I love how you detail your work. What an artist!!!

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous creations. Thanks so much for sharing all these beautiful cards and project with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Ani said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for joining our Monochromatic challenge at Creative Card Crew!
Your other cards are also gorgeous!
Hugs, Ani

Sharon Basel said...

Wow such beautiful creations - I enjoyed seeing all of them. In particular you card for SSW is very elegant and pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

downrightcrafty said...

Great take on this weeks Birthday theme, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy for a few more days if your interested :)

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous take on the photo inspiration, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS a few more days left on my candy if you are interested:)

scrapperjulia said...

Beautiful cards and project! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Bianca said...

Oh you are such a buzy bee! I love all of your creations! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons! xx Bianca

Lisa M said...

My goodness! I've hit the mother load of Christmas gorgeousness here. :D
ALL of your cards and creations are absolutely stunning. What an incredible amount of diversity and uniqueness in each of them. Fantastic job and your TIP was perfect too. I actually did that very thing yesterday...it was an awful mess.LOL!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at TOP TIP TUESDAY. Good luck to you.
Lisa xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun these are just brilliant gosh you have been busy some real stunners,here hun hugs Cheryl

Samantha said...

fabulous selection of cards as lisa said soooo many different! great job!! love the cards with the tree punch too! not seen that punch before! Great top tips too! thanks,

Thanks for coming to join us at Top Tip Tuesday for our colour challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Jeannie said...

Such a gorgeous creation with our sketch this week! Beautiful colors and perfect for the holiday! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Barbara Colbert said...

You have been busy! Thanks for sharing with Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge!

carol said...

what a fab collection of cards, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Kathie said...

Oh you have been busy. Love all of your cards especially the one for Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge. Great colours and embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Tracy said...

Lovely projects. Thanks for joining us at SCSC
Tracy x

NancyD said...

Very creative project. Thank you for joining our Jingle Bell challenge at Paper Cutz. NancyD

Caroljenks said...

Wow Sally, you have been busy! What a gorgeous array of projects - love them all!!!

Thanks for joining in with Top Tip Tuesday this week and passing on your great Top Tip too!

Carol x

Nicola said...

Beautiful work Sally, love every project in this post! You're very talented and obviously a hard worker to get so many creations done. Good luck with finishing your recipe cards in time for Christmas!
Thanks for letting our photo inspire you over at Fussy and Fancy this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Look at you with all those fabulous creations!!!! Wonderful assortment of cards great inspiration. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!!! :)

Sharon said...

All of your projects are wonderful. But the ornament is fantastic!!! I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

brenda said...

A fabulous collection of cards Sally.

Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

At least two of them would also fit the theme at our sister challenge Penny Black and More

B x

Genevieve said...

Stunning creations!! Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Diane said...

What fab projects Sally and love the negative trees !! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

Franz♥ said...

Wow, lot of cards! Amazing take on our photo inspiration!

Thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge

A big hug, Franz.

PS i've some candy if you like!

Jan said...

Love these they are beautiful, thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Ellie said...

What gorgeous creations!! Love them all!
So happy you could join in at penny black and more!

Suzi said...

Wow! what a wonderful array of cards you've created. They are all beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sharon said...

Sensational creations and so many of them too - you have been so busy. I adore those die cut snowflakes; they are superb.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Curlybear said...

Oh wow what an out of this world creation I love the image and the design , layout and colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz The Colours of Christmas Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Wow! So many lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

Dawn said...

Cool bunch of cards! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Give it A Punch challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. xxx

Arlana said...

Such sweet creations. I am loving them all. HUGS Arlana@SSW!!!

Patti P. said...

Sally, I had so much fun looking at all of your projects and I must say that I am glad that I don't have to choose a fave! Your Christmas card with the recipe is such a wonderful gift in itself and I may have to case you for next year. Love your bag set ... so glad you could share with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, until next time.
Patti SSW/DT

Dot said...

Fab selection of cards, so pretty. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining the DDCC challenge this week.
Dorte,x

Cheryl First said...

So many fantastic projects! Wow! Thanks for joining us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge!
Cheryl First
Guest Designer
Nov/Dec

Mandy said...

Oh wow Sally you have been busy, these are all gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "Christmas tags & wrapping" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Marilyn Webb said...

Oh so beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful cards Sally love the colours and your gorgeous designs.
Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug
Hugs Linda ….. Guest Designer

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous cards, you have been busy! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Karen said...

Wow - all of these are stunning. I could not, in all honesty, pick one over the other - georgeous Karen x

Brenda said...

Wow what a wonderful collection of crafty projects!!! You have been very busy. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

Christine said...

Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting for all Seasons.

Gez said...

Ooh fabulous cards! Loving your holly.

Shirley said...

I love your gorgeous christmassy birthday card Sally.
Thank you for joining us this month at penny Black at Allsorts.
Good luck in our prize draw too.

Shirley

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, you're on a roll. These cards are gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

clare said...

lots of fab xmas cards. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR.x

Paul said...

Such an array of projects. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this week at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

P.S. Visit my blog to see my giveaway – I have some Digital Scrapbooking softwear up for grabs, all you have to do is comment on THIS POST HERE .

aqualeiga said...

Wow! A Super collection of cards!

Thank you so much for sharing with us at THE CRAFTY PAD and for taking part in our 'Give it a Punch' challenge.

Hugs, Ali x

Laurel said...

Wow you were busy! Fabulous creations! Thanks for playing at Wee Memoris!

Sharon said...

Gosh Sally you sure have been busy!
What a great selection of cards :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Green, Red & White Challenge!

Sharon x

TRACEY O said...

All your cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR this month.