Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lots Of White For The New Year

No, I'm not talking snow here...At least I'm hoping we don't have a lot of the white stuff for the New Year. For the past several years when it starts snowing we hardly ever see the ground again until sometime toward the end of March or mid April.  I like snow...just not a lot of the white stuff. 



I wanted to make a New Year's card, but have no suitable image...so I found the balloon stamp that I use for Birthdays by Anitia's stamps.  It's a very old inexpensive stamp but one of my favorites.  I think it worked rather well for a  New Year's card!  Check out all that glitter on the balloons... I do love glitter!
Challenges:
#165  New Year Celebration
# 63 Say It with Sentiments  Anything Goes



I found this image over at Becky's Place.  This truly reminds me
January in Northern Ohio...Cold  and bare trees!  I added glitter to give it an even
frostier look.  I decided to go different again with the image and use it as a 
Happy New Year...From our Home to Yours! 

Challenges:
tic tac toe
I used distressing (distressed the edges of my images with teal ink)
Digi image (from Becky's Place)
Ribbon  (teal velvet ribbon...just love it)
# 50 Winter
Baby It's Cold Outside


Image again came from Becky's Place
He is just too cute.  Since our wedding anniversary is also in the frigid
month of January (What was I thinking when I said I wanted a winter wedding?)  Must have been totally out of my mind.    I digress..sorry...  Anyway I thought to use this Christmas image in a different way
than Christmas.  After 42 years, hubby doesn't care if he gets a card or not, so we will see if this
little guy brings a smile to his face.
Challenges:
#86 Blue, Silver, White
There is silver mirri paper as a mat and the fringes on his scarf are
colored with silver glitter pen by MS.
Be different... Use an image for something other than it was intended)


This card looks better in real life.  My photo doesn't do
it justice.  Love the embossing, layers and texture to these
white cards. Of course there is glitter galore on the butterfly wings.
Challenges:
#172 Blue & White
Birthday
#143  Anything Goes



Anyone need a favor for a Bridal shower?  LOL  I think I have a few....Like about
60 of the little buggers.  Will someone do me a favor.  Mark your calendar to send me
an email next year reminding me to NOT say that I can do something like make 60 shower favors in less than a week, especially when a major holiday is thrown in the mix.  That is what happened here.  I got an email on Monday asking me if I could do them.  Not being one to disappoint...I naturally said yes....She needs them by the week following Christmas.  They are not fancy, but in real life they are very stunning.  Very formal.
I embossed one strip up the center of each paper, then tied black ribbon added a tag with the name and date on them....Fortunately with burning the midnight oil a couple nights....I was able to get them completed and they are now in the mail winging their way to their destination.  Sure they like them.  Those tiny little bows are really hard on the fingers.! Oh yeah by the way those are snack size Hershey bars....  It was all I could do to keep from eating them... LOL
Sorry for the poor quality photo....would retake it...but they are gone!
#93 Anything Goes
#152 Anything but Christmas
#68


I know I posted this last week, but I totally love how this turned out and this
week's challenge at
is to show your "favorite" project of 2011 featuring
kraft cardstock.  

12 comments:

Mynnette said...

Oh, these are all fabulous--as always! LOVE that birthday card--the white on white is just stunning with that small touch of blue! :) Happy holidays!!!

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful collections of cards Sally...

Wishing you a Merry Xmas and New Year...big hugs Vicky xx

Josephine said...

What a fabulous collection!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Dawn said...

Great Cards & thise favours are just beautiful! Very Classy! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad in our Anything but Christmas Challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Dorcas said...

HI Sally! Youve been busy! I like your card thats almost all black and white, the hut in the snow best. I saw you on MIM and came by to visit. :)
Hugs,
Dorcas
ps) I have blog candy up in my sidebar and would love it if you are able to come by and join in.

Rene said...

Great cards! Love the New Years one with the house! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in with a chance to win the prize from our sponser this week just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM! The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning. Good luck and happy holidays!
Rene ;D

Shirley said...

You have really been creating and they are just beautiful. I love your gift box and tag too! What keepers.

Tracy said...

All your projects are wonderful and your little kraft box is certainly worthy of another look. Adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge this week at The Kraft Journal!

Tammy Miller said...

These are adorable projects, thanks so much for taking the time to join CTB for our Baby It's Cold outside challenge! I hope you will join us again very soon!

Kathy D. said...

so do you make all those cards in one sitting? that would take me days!! I think the balloons worked great for a new years card.

Thanks for sharing your "Birthday" creation with us at Clearly iStamp. Hope to see you Jan 6th for the new challenge.

Aunty Sue said...

Just stunning and so brave thanks for joining Creative Inspirations and Happy New year

Julie said...

Fabulous selection of makes! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Create, Juliexx